AV & Poster Guidelines
-Submit Abstracts here-
- Abstract titles are limited to 120 characters.
- Total length of the abstract must not exceed 250 words. This does not include: title, authors or identifying information in the abstract itself.
In order to provide our attendees the best possible educational environment and ensure a smooth and efficient handling of audio-visual presentations, the following guidelines have been established for the SENTAC scientific sessions.
Ø Presentations with audio-visual must be done utilizing PowerPoint technology. No 35mm slides will be allowed.
Ø Session rooms will be equipped for single screen projection.
Ø Title slides, if desired or utilized, should be included as part of each speaker’s presentation. Title slides will NOT be shown separately on a second screen.
Ø If videos are necessary, they should be included as an embedded video clip within the PowerPoint presentation.
The following audio-visual equipment will be automatically provided in the session room:
- Computer equipped with Windows XP; capable of playing sound clips through house sound system
- 1 Screen
- LCD Data/Video Projector
- Laser Pointer
- Microphones (1 lavalier, 1 lectern, 3 table and 2 floor)
- Projectionist & Audio Technician
- Speaker timer
ASSEMBLE YOUR PRESENTATION:
- Microsoft PowerPoint is preferred and must be PC-format.
- When building your presentation, all files (PowerPoint and external, i.e. movie files) associated with your presentation must be loaded separately and saved in the same folder as the rest of your presentation.
- If you are speaking in more than one presentation, please organize and clearly label your presentations in separate folders specific to each presentation. Do not put more than one presenter’s files on the same disk. Each presenter must have his or her own media.
- Label your saved file with your name, date and time of your presentation.
- Save your file to a disk, CD or memory stick and label the outside of your CD or disk with the same information. Do not have anything else saved on your media other than your presentation.
- If you feel that your presentation has something out of the ordinary (extensive files or video clips), please bring your laptop to the meeting as back-up.
- If you require a title slide, include that slide as part of your presentation. The meeting organizers will not have separate title slides for each presenter.
AT THE MEETING:
- Your presentation must be turned into Audiovisual technician at least four (4) hours prior to the start of your scheduled session. Individual laptops will not be allowed at the podium.
- All presentations will be loaded by a technician onto the presentation computer at the back of the Scientific Session room.
- If you have embedded video in your presentation, you MUST test that your presentation can be “read” properly prior to your presentation (preferable 24 hours in advance of your presentation).
- It is the presenter’s responsibility to collect his or her own media (if applicable) at the conclusion of the session.
SPEAKER READY ROOM:
- A speaker Ready room will be available for reviewing, editing and loading your presentation. All presentations must be handed in to the AV technician in the scientific session room. The AV technician will be available from 7:00 am each morning, and throughout the sessions each day.
POWERPOINT PRESENTATION CREATION TIPS:
Computer Slide Format and Lettering
- Images, movies, drawings and graphics can be obtained from sources such as digital cameras, scanners, and the Internet.Generally, any visuals (not written words) that look acceptable on a 15-inch monitor will also look good when projected.
- A minimum slide typeface of 24 point is recommended.
- Use color for emphasis only. White or yellow lettering on a blue background is attractive and easy to read. DO NOT USE BLUE, RED or GREEN text.
- For optimal legibility, use a maximum of six lines of text and six words per line per slide (equals one frame in an electronic format).
- Keep illustrations simple. Significance of data can be grasped more quickly in a simple graph form than in tabular form. Use rounded figures. Use captions sparingly.
- Images: JPG files are the recommended format for images.
- Sound and Video Clips: Solution 1: Pack and Go: The “Pack and Go” feature of PowerPoint embeds the clip into your presentation file. This ensures that the clip will be in the correct location when you unpack the file on the meeting room computer. Solution 2: Location of audio/video files: Create the presentation with the audio/video files in the same folder.PowerPoint looks in the immediate folder before generating the error that states it cannot find the audio/video file. Always check your video clips in the speaker ready room to make sure they have been embedded correctly.
Posters will be on view throughout the meeting.
Poster Size/Instructions: Available space is [44" High x 44" Wide] per poster. Two separate posters will be displayed per board. Poster display boards will be numbered.
Push Pins: Available at the Registration Desk and in the designated poster area.
AN AREA FOR POSTER TUBE STORAGE WILL BE ALLOCATED. SENTAC IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY LOST OR STOLEN POSTER TUBES. BE SURE TO CLEARLY LABEL YOUR POSTER TUBE.
-Submit Abstracts here-